Are you up for an adventure but have limited budget? Then this is one that fits for you. With just 500 pesos you can now reconnect with nature and give yourself a break from your daily routine. It is a 3-4 hours travel from Manila (Sta. Cruz- Siniloan- Brgy. Macatad).You can hire a tour guide (a local will approach you once you get there or you can go to a pro at their registration area) when you reach the place, prepare yourself for a full pack adventure. Remember to travel light so that you can enjoy every step of the way.
More buddies the merrier! But remember it will also take you longer time to reach the summit. According to our local tour guide, during dry season and depending upon your speed, it will only take 1.5 hours to get on the top but my friends and I had it for 3 hours. The culprit? Our heavy bags and super muddy way, so travel light and be sure that the land is dry so that you can enjoy every step of the way. But, overall it is really worth the hike! Thanks to the awesome falls, they are indeed great rewards.
What to do:
- Go trekking! It is actually a test of endurance and flexibility trip.
- Slip and laugh at yourself. (I was fortunate I only slip once but I was stacked in the mud a lot of times. Hahaha!)
- Share and eat your lunch with your friends facing the falls.
- Swim with the cold water running down from the falls.
- Refresh yourself in every pit stop with a coconut drink.
- Climb the steep rocks; where in roots of the trees will be your tool to grasp on.
- Greet and smile to every climber that you see on your way. ( It is a way of a CLIMBER)
- Feel the wind at the top of the course.
- Rent a tent and stay overnight for more falls (there are actually 5 falls in the place, but we’ve seen only 2 because it is only a whole day trip. If you really want to see it all it is recommended to have an overnight stay.)
Travel date: November 25,2012